Unclaimed Property Auction
|Location:||Drury Plaza Hotel
Cape Girardeau Conference Center
3351 Percy Drive
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
|Previewing:|| Tuesday, September 26, 5-8 p.m.
Wednesday, September 27, 8-9 a.m.
Thursday, September 28, 8-9 a.m.
|Auction:|| Wednesday, September 27
Thursday, September 28
Auction begins at 9:00 a.m. each day
To sign up for notifications regarding future auctions please click here.
Terms and Conditions of the Auction
The Unclaimed Property Auction is being held pursuant to Section 447.558, RSMo that provides for the sale of Unclaimed Property to the highest bidder at public auction.
The buyer will receive title to the property purchased, free from all claims of the owner, prior holder or their successors.
Listed below please find information relating to items and the terms of the sale. Please read this information carefully for your own protection, as it will be strictly adhered to.
Thank you for your attendance and interest in Unclaimed Property.
Condition of items
- Items are to be sold by lot number and no items may be removed or separated from packets.
- Contents of the safe deposit boxes shall be sold “as is, where is.” The Missouri State Treasurer, the State of Missouri, and the auctioneer make no warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, as to the condition of the article offered for sale. There is no guarantee for any dates, markings, item counts, or authenticity of any item.
- All descriptions of items are for informational purposes only and the Missouri State Treasurer, the State of Missouri, and the auctioneer do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
- Announcements on the day of the auction take precedence over any and all previous written or oral announcements. Buyers should be made aware that due to claims forwarded to the State Treasurer's Office, some items included in the catalog might be removed from lots prior to the sale date. Such omissions will be announced when an affected lot is presented for sale.
- The Missouri State Treasurer, the State of Missouri, and auctioneer reserve the right to reject any and all bids pursuant to Section 447.558 RSMo. However, it is not the intent of the Missouri State Treasurer, the State of Missouri, or auctioneer to purposely reject bids.
- All potential bidders are to register with the cashier and obtain a bidder number in order to bid on any item(s). To obtain a bidder number, the bidder must register with a full name, address and current photo identification such as a valid driver’s license.
- The bidder should clearly exhibit his/her bidder number to the clerk and auctioneer after each purchase to avoid bidder-recording errors.
- Sales tax will be added to the purchase price of all taxable items. Tax exempt documentation must be presented the day of the auction to avoid sales tax.
- Upon award of the bid, all risk of loss, damage or destruction of purchased items passes to the buyer and the Missouri State Treasurer, the State of Missouri, and the auctioneer shall not have any liability whatsoever for damage or destruction of any lots. Buyers shall make his/her own arrangements for insurance coverage of all items.
Payment Terms (Methods of Payment)
- Bidders can pay for and pick up items purchased following the sale of each item or at the end of the sale day. All items sold must be claimed and paid for by the end of the sale day or they may be sold at a later date.
- No items are to be removed from the premises before settlement or payment of the item.
- The State Treasurer's Office shall only accept payment made in the form of cash or cashier’s checks. Personal checks or company checks will be accepted only if accompanied by an irrevocable bank letter of credit addressed to the Missouri State Treasurer's Office. No exceptions will be made.
- The State Treasurer's Office will be accepting American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa credit cards. There will be a fee for the use of credit cards of 2.00% plus a $0.25 charge for all transaction amounts. *These rates are subject to change.
Arrangements for Persons with Disabilities
If you require special accommodations or assistance, please let us know in advance by contacting the State Treasurer's Office at 573-751-0123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Persons in attendance during the auction and removing goods after purchasing assume all risks of damage or loss to personal property and specifically release the auctioneer and the State of Missouri for any liability.
- The Missouri State Treasurer, the State of Missouri, and the auctioneer are not liable by reason of any defect or condition of the premises on which the auction is held.
- Bidders are reminded that registration is required the day of the auction to obtain a bidder number necessary to bid and/or purchase any items available in the sale.
- The auctioneer may choose to group several lots together to expedite the sale.